Are you moving to a new home or even a new city or even a new state? You should not (never) consider about terminating your current internet connection.
I did that once and I still regret it. However, I had the time to correct my mistake by reinstating my internet connection. It saved me some precious bucks (installation charge). However, I still had to pay security deposit (again), but it was a lot less than what they charge for installation.
Anyway, here’s how you can shift your Airtel broadband connection to a new location with little to absolutely no hassle:
- Call the toll free number for Airtel customer care – 121
- Proceed according to the instructions provided to you via computerized voice.
- You have to select the option to talk to an Airtel representative. Press 9 when you have done, language selection>account number>dsl number> and then 9. (you can figure this one out easily).
- Now tell him/her that you want to shift your connection to a new location.
- You will be charged Rs.300/- for shifting your internet connection and it will be added to your next bill.
Things that you’ll need to remember:
- You’ll have to clear your outstanding bill, if any, before you can request the shifting.
- If you have request the shifting, then you will need to pay the outstanding bill, on that very day. The shifting will not be processed unless you clear your bills.
- You can shift without a delay to your new home. You will have to take your modem with you.
- You will have to present your rent agreement of the new home (in case you are going to live on rental basis) or you have to present your registry under your name (photocopy in both cases).
- The shifting usually completes within 3 days, however, don’t bet on it. The best possible time period that you can count on is 1 week. It usually, under any circumstances, takes place within a week.
- However, you have to firm with your request. Don’t just wait for things to happen. If the representative does not contact you within 3 days, then you have to contact Airtel customer care again (with your reference number, please write it down, it’s important) and tell them to complete the process as soon as possible.