In today’s era, technology has established its existence. Nothing is impossible now because it has become easier to achieve the greatest success through technology.
To achieve such success for every field of work, 3d printing was invented.
There are many types of the best software for 3D printing available in the market.
In the last few years, 3D Printing has gained a lot of success with its advanced technology. It can give any product a realistic form, which helps all companies to do their work.
3D design of anything requires the best software and for any 3D model, a clean and clear design is required.
There are two types of software for the 3D printing – one which is for the design of mechanical objects and the other one which gives you the freedom to do your art.
3D Printing Software also used to design animation movies and video games. It has surprised all industries with its modernity and success.
This software requires proper prepared designs, manufacturing process and technical knowledge for printing 3d designs.
Here we are giving information about the best software for 3D printing, which helps users in creating the 3D design of any product.
Best Software for 3D Printing List –
Here is the list of Top 7 best software for 3D printing:
1. Autodesk AutoCAD
AutoCAD software is very famous for 3D printing. This is used for professional work. AutoCAD software produced by Autodesk is one of the best-paid software for 3D printing which was introduced in the market. Users get a lot of features in this software and they can also do real-time analysis of their performance.
This software performs a wide variety of functions from which it can create any type of 3D model. This best software of 3d printing is recommendable to those users who have experience of many years in this field and want a full tool setup.
Users can use AutoCAD software both on web and mobile. After subscribing to this software, users get double benefits such that they can use this software on both Windows and Mac. They get many types of tools like AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Map 3D, AutoCAD Plant 3D, AutoCAD Architecture etc.
Now let us see some unique features of this best software for 3D printing-
- AutoCAD, which is one of the best software for 3D printing, can make any designs.
- AutoCAD is available for both mobile and web users.
- It transforms the 3D models into STL files, which can be effective in printing.
- The feature of sharing PDF files and data import to AutoCAD users is also available.
- While drawing, users can also annotate so they can prepare their 3D model for printing.
- AutoCAD has many features for any mechanical design, allowing users to modify it.
- In this software, preloaded information and templates are still usable for users.
- It offers a free version in which students and educational institutes can work. For professional practice, there is a subscription available which costs $1449/year.
- Best for expert use
- Mechanical features available
- User friendly
- Difficult to understand
- Little expensive
2. Ultimaker Cura
Ultimaker Cura is one of the best software for 3D printing with no hindrance and problem. Users can print their desired 3D design in just a few clicks. This software also provides suggestions to new users, which makes it easy for them to use this software.
Users of Ultimaker Cura software can also prepare a plan according to their design. In this, they can use their customized plan and start working on their project. This software is not excessively expensive and is certainly profitable for those who want to do 3D printing with less money.
Through this software, users can connect their 3D printers and create 3D designs.
Now let us see remarkable features of this best software for 3D printing-
- Ultimaker Cura is extremely easy to use. You can create your 3D designs through one setting which makes it the best software for 3d printing.
- New users get to learn all the steps with tutorials feature.
- Users can easily connect their 3D printer and have all the printing work.
- Users can use custom mode feature and they can customize their settings before doing the 3d design. It helps them to do work in their way.
- This software is compatible with all type of file formats like OBJ, STL, 3MF etc.
- This is free for all users and everyone can use maximum features in the free version so it is not costly at all.
- Ultimaker Cura software also provides a library in which users can store 3D printers and the work by them.
- Easy to Understand
- Not expensive
- It can take little much time in printing.
3. FUSION 3600
Fusion 360 created by Autodesk is the best software for 3d printing which is remarkably famous in the market. This software comes with a variety of 3D tools. This software is quite useful for engineers, designers and technical works. With the help of a single tool, this software provides better product design and simple process to the users.
Through the tools of this best software for 3D printing, along with creativity and ability, users can give a variety of Designs to a product. This software does an outstanding job of designing a 3D image of mechanical parts. With single software, users can look at many varieties, so they can also reveal their creativity.
Now, let us find out some array features of this best software for 3D printing-
- Fusion 360 software allows users to design any type of 3D models or designs.
- In this software, Users can work with other designers on the same platform.
- Its sturdy tools allow users such tangible force that they can produce detailed and subtle designs of a product.
- With the simulation feature of this software, users can also assess their designed 3d designs, which is adequate in evaluating their design performance in the original world.
- This software helps users to identify their design requirements, manufacturing options and material which encourage them to generate ready-made designs.
- Its History Tree feature provides detailed and strong-level editing to users, which creates products clean and definite.
- The feature of exporting CAD files is also accessible in Fusion 360.
- Users can choose a free trial to experience the quality and work process of the software.
- On the individual developed platform, users can work on CAD, CAM, PCB.
- Apart from these, many further features such as data management, collaboration, additional manufacturing, documentation, fusion extension define it to be the best software for 3D printing.
- Fusion 360 is free for students to understand 3D modelling, but its subscription for professional use is $60/month (monthly) or $42/month(annually) available.
- Single tools are accessible to various tasks.
- Easy to operate
- Users can perform with other designers
- Enhance creativity and thinking
- It is very much suitable for mechanical purpose.
4. AutoDesk TinkerCAD
TinkerCAD is an Autodesk software that gives an authentic look to any design based on imagination. It is simple to use and free software that is also used for the child to teach 3D printing. This best software for 3d printing comes with such tools in which users can make the most difficult design with the help of different shapes.
This software provides users with the opportunity to use their imaginations and creativity. Tinkercad is remarkably suitable software for creating simple 3D models and complex 3D models. Even if you are doing 3D design printing from the beginning, there will be no hardship in it.
This best software for 3D printing has some remarkable features which are-
- Tinkercad is the best software for 3D printing which is free and people of any age group can generate 3D designs on it.
- Users can set up both the 2D and 3D models with the support of this software.
- This software supports STL files, which makes it smoother for users to generate designs.
- This software includes many types of shapes and their grouping available, which represents the 3D model remarkably attractive.
- With the support of a single click, users can start the 3D printing.
- This software also allows users the resource to save their 3D models and designs to cloud storage.
- To understand all the features of this software, tutorials are available in which beginners learn step-by-step 3D printing.
- As we stated earlier, this software is free for which you do not need any subscription.
- TinkerCAD also performs laser cutting.
- Easy to use
- Tutorials available
- User friendly
- Some issues are there while importing files
- Limited shapes available
FreeCAD is open-source free software that is used to create any design or shape. This software is suitable for both learners and designers. Along with doing 3D printing, beginners also get a chance to learn it through this software.
With this software, users can make 3D designs from the use of 2D designs. Users can also use FreeCAD software for training purpose. These characteristics include FreeCAD into the best software for 3d printing recommendations.
Some unique features of this best software for 3D printing are –
- FreeCAD software works on all platforms like Windows, Linux, macOS etc.
- This software provides a fully parametric model in which the shapes and designs of any criteria can be created.
- The history of all editing is made in this software, which makes it easy for the users to make 3D designs or models.
- In this software, all types of formats like STL, IGES, STEP, DXF, SVG, IFC, VRML etc can be export or import.
- In this software, the Sketcher feature is available, which helps users to sketch 2d objects as a base for creating 3d objects.
- FreeCAD software allows users to monitor 2d views of any 3d design from its technical drawing feature.
- Workbench concept is available in this software that will help you get rid of unnecessary tools. Users only have tools which are required for the current task. This helps the software to work with no interruption.
- Users can also insert annotation while drawing, and with robot simulation module they can analyse robot movements.
- In FreeCAD, GUI (Graphical User Interface) is available with the 3D viewer which helps users to see a graphical representation of 3d project.
- This best software of 3d Printing is free, so no subscription is required for users and tutorial is also available for beginners to learn its working process.
- User friendly
- Easy to Understand
- The basic process is available
- For mechanical designing, it doesn’t have specific functions
MeshLab is an open-source one of the best software for 3D printing which is famous for creating 3D meshes and designs. Users of this software can easily create, edit, monitor, adduce, texture, convert and cure 3d meshes. Users can prepare 3d designs without any complex work in this software.
This software is very suitable for those who want to create 3d triangular meshes. Any 3d design or model can be created by both beginners and professional users. If you are looking for the best free software for 3D printing, you can take a look at it.
Here are some remarkable features of this best software for 3D printing-
- MeshLab has visualization feature in which users can show their 3d model with all the attributes.
- It also has a screenshot feature which helps users to analyze their performance.
- It also provides reconstruction feature to transform any independent design to 3d meshes.
- This software also has many photoshop features like gamma saturation, brightness, smoothing, sharpening, colouring, contrasts etc to enhance and design attractive 3d designs.
- It can also export prepared 3D models to STL. For better presentation, MeshLab offers slicing, closing and hollowing feature in which users can do the slicing, clear small holes.
- This software presents a clean feature from which it can filter wrong geometrical elements from 3d meshes.
- It also adds a feature to correlate a 3d model with another one for analyzing the performance.
- This best software for 3d printing implements an extensive selection of features to scale, rotate, orientation, position a 3D model.
- MeshLab has measurement tool which can measure the distance between two meshes.
- Apart from these features, MeshLab also includes conversion, re-meshing, refinement, aligning, etc.
- Easy to Use
- User friendly
- Wide area of features
- For single function multiple switches are available
- Navigation is a little complex.
7. Rhineceros 3D
Rhinoceros is versatile 3d printing software. This software adds a collection of features to the users, so they can form their 3D design with creativity. In Rhino, users can design, edit, render, animate, analyze, translate and manipulate curves, surfaces, solids etc. through mathematical representations called NURBS.
This software is certainly handy for those users who prefer to build versatile or different 3d model as per their capability. For versatile features, users can use this best software for 3D printing.
- Rhino helps users to work on the project according to their imagination.
- This software can interpret and repair IGES files and meshes.
- For using this software, users don’t require any specialized hardware. It is compatible with all laptops and OS.
- Rhino has a different type of model creation tools like curves, points, surfaces, solids, meshes, etc.
- This software can edit simple and complex 3d models precisely and fast.
- Users can also access their history recording feature to update their project.
- Rhino provides an analysis feature to analyze performance and insights into the working model.
- This software is compatible with various type of products like CAE, CAD, CAM, animation, rendering.
- Rhino has one significant feature that is Grasshopper, which supports users to develop generation algorithms without creating any code. This feature doesn’t require any knowledge of coding or programming.
- Rhino comes with a specific type of subscription plans starts from $495.
- Apart from these features, Rhino has mesh tools, drafting, digital fabrication, 3D capture, developer tools, Rhino script, Rhino python, rendering development kit, etc.
- Wide collection of features are available
- It requires no specialized hardware
- Compatible with all products
- User friendly
- Suitable for professional designers
- Accuracy issues
- Little expensive