As we all know about scanning documents and properly organizing them. Previously, it was difficult to share any hard files but now it is possible due to technology. With scanning, anyone can share every file without any issues. If you are scanning any documents then it is really important to organize them for future use. There is much best software for organizing scanned documents available in the market.
Few of them are very affordable and best to use however few are a little expensive. But don’t worry; we are here to help you. Hence, we have reviewed some amazing software which will help you to manage scanned documents. You can also check their features, pros and cons for avoiding any confusion. These software will help you to prevent data loss and maintain security.
Here are some best software for organizing scanned documents
Top 7 Best Software for Organizing scanned documents
1. Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is one of the famous and best software for organizing scanned documents. It will help you to view, edit, print, comment and scan any document. It also allows changing document in PDF format. For working on a single document, you can collaborate with your team easily. This software allows scanning which avoids any problems while sharing files. Not only scanning, but it also provides cloud storage from which users can save all their scanned and other files.
Preventing data loss is very important for users who always work on a laptop. For this task, the best software for organizing scanning documents is very important. Adobe allows you to perform every task in a single software. You can also add multiple accounts for strong teamwork and easy workflow.
As for the pricing, Adobe Acrobat DC is also available for the free version. For the pro version, you can purchase it for $15/month and for annually purchase it will cost around $180.
Let’s have a look at some remarkable features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• Adobe Acrobat DC helps you to edit, create, scan, compress, split and convert files in a single software.
• You can also sign digitally on your documents with the use of this software.
• For scanning, it does a great job in which you can easily scan your document and share it with your colleagues or team members.
• It provides real-time collaboration for having a live discussion with team members which will help you to share ideas.
• Apart from scanned documents, you can also organize your signature collection.
• Your data and files will be safe and secure with its security features. It helps you to set security level so you can protect yourself.
• For organizing scanned documents, it provides incredible archiving and storage feature which help you to maintain your data.
• You can convert your files to another format like the word to pdf, jpeg to pdf e.t.c.
• It also enables email management to provide better communication with colleagues.
• Workflow management helps you to manage your work precisely for avoiding any kind of conflicts.
• It allows integration with DropBox, OneDrive and box to organize your documents.
• This software gives you standardized templates to keep your documents stylist and easy to use.
• Adobe Acrobat DC gives you an amazing feature in which you can merge all emails, spreadsheets and documents in a single pdf file.
• Adobe also provides 7 days free trial in their pro version so you can try it before making a purchase.
• For any help or troubleshooting, you can contact support or read FAQs on their official website.
• Accessible from mobile and windows both
• Cloud storage and sharing
• Easy signature collection
• Conversion feature
• Easy to use
• 7 days of free trial available
• Pro version is expensive
• Due to the large size of the application, it works slowly.
• Crashing issues
• The customizing interface is a little difficult
Paperscan is one of the best software for organizing scanned documents. This is very easy to use and efficient software for managing documents. It comes with an equipped interface like WIA and TWAIN. So, you can easily scan images from anywhere. It comes with auto-optimization and the Auto Deskew option for editing scanned image as per your preference.
This software comes with a wide range of features and benefits. It also supports over than 30 languages. That’s why we have included this in our recommendations. This software let you do every single task at a single place. Its organized interface helps you to manage your files and data with security.
For the pricing, PaperScan is providing three types of plans-
1. PaperScan Free- This plan is free for all users with limited features. You can use this plan for your basic tasks. However, it is not recommended for professionals because of fewer features.
2. PaperScan Home- It will cost you around $79.00 with a single license. This plan will come with advanced features.
3. PaperScan Pro- Professional edition will cost you $149.00 with a single license. You can add OCR, annotations and many more things with this edition.
Here are some important features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• PaperScan supports more than 30 languages and 100 formats for giving you an amazing experience.
• You can scan documents in batch with separator sheets in this software.
• It also provides Image printing so you don’t need to use any other software for printing documents.
• In PaperScan, duplex scanning is available for making your work more smoothly.
• Editing features like crop, area selection, cut, resize and image quality selection included in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• You can easily drag and drop files from windows explorer to this software for avoiding extra effort.
• This software provides all information of your scanned documents like resolution, size and colour mode.
• You can also create and read pdfs with encryption so your data will be safe and secure.
• For zooming documents, you can read your document in magnifier mode.
• You can save your scanned document in a different type of formats and also share it by email.
• Some documents require a digital signature so paperscan also provide this facility where you can digitally sign your documents.
• Many image correction features like autodeskew angle rotation, remove borders automatically, conversion to black and white, colour adjustment, smooth filter, contour, erase e.t.c. are available in this software.
• You can also annotate your document with the Pro version. You can put note while working on your document.
• This software supports JBIG2 and JPEG 2000 compression for storing documents.
• In paid plans, you can also avail 30 days of free trial for better understanding and efficiency of this software.
• For any help or support, you can contact customer support or read FAQs.
• PDF encryption
• Free trial
• 30+ languages supported
• OCR, PDF and annotation features available
• 100+ formats supported
• Limited features are available in free version
• Ads problem
• Don’t work properly with cloud
3. FineScanner AI
FineScanner AI is the best software for organizing scanned documents. It is a mobile scanner which allows you to scan any type of documents and save it. It comes with high-quality OCR to give you an amazing work process. This software can save the document in many formats without any issues.
You can direct download this software on your mobile by visiting the official website. It is also available on Google play store and Apple store. This great scanner can scan any books or copy very quickly. You can manage all your scanned files as well as other files easily in this software.
This software supports 193 languages and 12 formats. You will get every facility from creating to sharing in this single software. It’s an organized interface that helps users to understand the workflow much better and easier. You can also download ebook from their official website for learning facts about organizing documents. This is very affordable and easy to understand software for every user.
As for the pricing, FineScanner AI is available for free so you don’t need to make any purchase.
Let’s have a look at some remarkable features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• FineScanner allows scanning from mobile so you don’t need to purchase a desktop scanner. You can scan any printed or handwritten papers, books, documents.
• You can also make copies of your documents and save them to PDF or JPEG formats.
• It comes with a unique feature BookScan so you can digitize books very easily and quickly.
• FineScanner AI allows you to extract texts from the scan and you can do this work offline.
• It can find photos of documents on your device in real-time with the neural network.
• You can modify your documents and annotate your scans with this software.
• For verifying the document, it also offers a digital signature which makes this software very useful and incredible.
• You can share your scanned documents with anyone from anywhere. It also allows cloud storage to save documents.
• This software offers integration with Dropbox, Evernote, iCloud Drive and many more.
• It gives information about documents like size, type, date and colour mode.
• This best software for organizing scanned documents helps everyone to organize all documents safely and securely.
• For any help or support, you can contact their customer support or read FAQs.
• Easy to understand
• Available for Free
• Digital signature
• Cloud storage
• Extract texts from the scan
• Limited functions
• Specially designed for text analysis
4. Abby Finereader
Abby Finereader is one of the popular and best software for organizing scanned documents. It is one of the top choices for every user for organizing documents. It is very easy to use and affordable software which helps the user to scan documents. This software comes with many advanced features and tools which makes it reliable and precise.
With this software, you can easily edit, protect, review, compare, scan and convert your documents. It saves your time by providing efficient tools like compare and annotation. You can easily keep a track of your work with these tools.
For pricing, you can try this software for free with limited features but it also offers three types of plans. Which are-
1. FineReader PDF 15 Standards – This product will cost you around $199.00 which is the one-time payment method. You will get pdf application which is powered by AI-based OCR for organizing digital and scanned documents.
2. FineReader PDF 15 Corporate – It will cost you around $299.00 with the one-time payment method. This plan includes standard features with document comparison and automated conversion of files up to 5000 pages.
3. FineReader Pro for MAC – This plan will cost you $119.99 with the onetime payment method. It is specially designed for Mac OS.
Let’s talk about some important features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• FineReader helps every user to edit and organize PDFs and scanned documents at one place.
• You can update and split your documents in this software.
• It allows everyone to annotate and markup on documents for easy workflow.
• This software is also best for teamwork because you can comment or discuss on your documents for discussion with the team.
• For organizing scanned documents, it allows you to secure them so there will be no loss of privacy.
• For security, you can also apply password protection to your documents.
• FineReader offers digital signatures to certify your documents.
• You can also create and share documents in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• It offers to merge documents feature from which you can merge different type of documents in the single pdf file.
• This software allows you to create pdf forms and you can also edit them anytime.
• The major feature of this software is to compare documents. You can identify the differences and check the accuracy of your documents with the comparison feature.
• You can easily digitize paper documents and scanning with OCR in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• You can also reduce the size of the file with mixed raster content(MRC) compression for saving storage space.
• For any help or support, it allows you to contact their customer support.
• Easy to use
• OCR feature
• Comparison of documents
• Quickly scanning and conversion of the file
• Don’t have full-text indexing feature
• Expensive for advanced features
Readiris is one of the best software for organizing scanned documents. It is very easy to use and understandable document scanning software which makes every work process smooth and efficient. From the scanning to converting documents, it does all type of tasks precisely and on time. It supports all type of formats whether it is the word, PowerPoint, pdf or excel.
You just have to open your scanner and the rest of the work will be done by the software. It comes with a very organized interface which helps you to maintain every file. For editing documents, it offers various range of tools which will open automatically after scanning. Any beginner, as well as professional, can use this software without facing issues.
For managing and securing documents, this is a great solution and that’s why we have included this software in our recommendations. Readiris is completely compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7 and Mac OS version. You can also take a demo or test this software by visiting their official website.
For pricing, The software has three types of plans-
1. Readiris PDF 17 – This product will cost you $49.00 with no compression and 30 languages.
2. Readiris Pro 17 – It will cost you $99.00 with level 1 compression and 138 languages. You can also request a quote if you want 10 or more licenses.
3. Readiris Corporate 17 – This will cost you $199 with level 2 & 3 and 138 languages. Like as before, you can also request a quote for 10 or more licenses.
Let’s have a look at some advanced features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• It supports all type of formats for scannings like PNG, TXT, ODT, ePub, JPEG, HTML, GIF, RTF, BMP and many more.
• You can easily scan documents from anywhere with this software.
• This software offers an option for compressing sizes of saved documents in a single click.
• You can edit texts with OCR easily which is embedded in documents.
• It allows you to annotate and comment on pdf documents for organizing the work process.
• After scanning, this software offers amazing security in which you can protect and digitally sign your document.
• It is also helpful in verbal recognition from which you can convert all files into audio files.
• You can also scan from your computer in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• For organizing more than one document in a single file, you can merge them into one.
• You can edit you scanned documents for any update without any issues in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• Readiris also provides 30 days money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their services.
• For any kind of help or troubleshooting, they provide free technical support.
• Very secure with digital signature
• Convert files into audio
• Recognition engine
• Multiple file sharing
• Free trial available
• Free technical support
• Little complex when using functions
• Little expensive
• Few functions are missing
• No keyboard shortcuts available
CamScanner is one of the most famous and best software for organizing scanned documents. This software comes with many advanced features and handy tools. It is highly recommended because of its organized interface and conversion features. You can use this software from anywhere anytime without wasting any time. It also comes with an auto-detect feature which helps you to put less effort.
In this software, it is easy to share and manage any type of documents. You can easily require any type of information from your documents with the help of CamScanner. It is also available on Mobile app so you can use it according to your convenience.
As for pricing, CamScanner provides three types of plans-
1. Basic Account – This plan is free to download and comes with basic scanning function and meets storage needs. You will get 200MB cloud space and limit of three folders in this account.
2. Premium Account – It will cost you $4.99/month and comes with richer document editors, more cloud space and advanced scanning. You will get 10GB cloud space and unlimited folders in this account.
3. Business Account – This plan will cost you $6.99/month/user and comes with advanced features and batch management. Cloud space of 10GB and unlimited folders will be available in this account.
Here are some important features of this best software for organizing scanned documents –
• CamScanner provides amazing file management via multiple devices to prevent data loss.
• It comes with a file-sharing feature which allows you to share your document.
• This software provides HD scanning in which you can use your phone to capture document by removing messy background automatically and generate HD scanning copies.
• It provides accurate text extraction with one key OCR from your document.
• You can convert your document into various formats like word, pdf, excel, ppt, jpeg etc.
• It comes with PDF processing tools in which you can merge, edit, split, compress and annotate without any issues.
• For certifying a document, you can add your digital signature in your document.
• It provides OCR recognition for extracting text from images very quickly.
• This software comes with wireless printing and global fax around 30 countries in the world.
• You will also get cloud storage for your images and documents to organize them in this best software for organizing scanned documents.
• Auto enhanced of images is the best feature of CamScanner which makes you document more clean and organized.
• For any help or support, you can write to them by visiting their official website.
• Easy to use
• Advanced scanning
• Auto enhanced images
• Organized interface
• Cloud storage
• Flies can take more space
• Ads issues
FileHold is one of the best software for organizing scanned documents. It is a full-featured document management software which allows you to organize every document of yours. It is very easy to use and affordable which helps users to manage their files. It is integrated with Microsoft office 365 and also compatible with desktop, tablet or any mobile device.
From scanning to sign digitally, you can do every single task in this best software for organizing scanned documents. This software also comes with high-security features which will help to secure your all documents. You can also signup for a webinar and take a video tour for a better understanding.
As for pricing, you can contact their sales team to know the exact amount. You can also visit their official website to know more about products and how you can buy it.
Here are some remarkable features of this best software for organizing scanned documents-
• For document scanning and imaging, Filehold provides SmartSoft capture to take a clean and clear picture.
• It provides centralized file storage to store many types of important documents and files.
• With user roles and security, you can add an account to do teamwork and also secure data.
• It also comes with document linking which helps you to organize all the data easily.
• It comes with Microsoft Office Integration which is very useful for maintaining and editing documents.
• You will get access to calendar and e-forms while will help you to organize tasks and retrieving information.
• FileHold comes with many integrations like Microsoft active directory, Microsoft Sharepoint, Adobe electronic signature and more.
• You can easily search your document with FastFind.
• It also comes with auto-filling to avoid any type of mistakes.
• It gives you an opportunity to do task coordination, collaboration with your teams.
• This best software for organizing scanned documents offers 30 days of a free trial.
• For any help or support, you can contact their support to get the solution.
• Easy to use
• 30 days of the free trial
• Free webinar and demo
• Excellent support
• Organized interface
• Limited features available
Best Software for organizing scanned documents FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1.What is document scanning?
Answer- It is the process of capturing photos of a particular document and converting it to a digital format. You can easily save your scanned file in this type of software. These tools help you to secure your data and files.
Q2. Can I use my phone for scanning?
Answer – Of course! You can. Many software is also available for scanning from the phone. The phone makes it easy for you to scan and save documents. We have also recommended some phone software for you so you can check them out.
Q3. Is these software worth to purchase?
Answer – Every paid software comes with some advanced features. If you want any software only for scanning then as per our suggestion, you should go for the free version. For advanced tasks, if you are purchasing these software, it will be worth its price.
Q4. How to choose the best software for organizing scanned documents?
Answer – It can be a little tough for you because every software is best and popular in the whole world. We have reviewed and researched a few software for organizing scanned documents and prepare a recommendation for you. You can get a whole idea for purchasing document management software.