Every business needs a perfect and organized solution to make it famous and productive. You must have heard about the small construction business. Previously, there was little difficulty while operating these businesses. But now in today’s world with modern technology, everything is possible.
For managing small construction business, technology has come with the best software from owners can organize their business very well. There are much best software for small construction business is available in the market with high productivity.
You cannot manage every record by pen or paper. So that’s why technology has given software for doing those tasks for you. We have researched and reviewed many best software for small construction business and prepared a list of our recommendations. We hope it will help you to find the perfect solution for your small business.
Here are Top 6 recommendations of the best software for small construction business-
Top 6 Best Software for small business construction
For managing a small business, Smartsheet is one of the best software for small construction business. It helps you to transfer your complex work into a single, flexible platform. This software gives much variety of tools and workflows for managing small construction business.
SmartSheet comes with many advanced features for organizing your business. You can create a positive impact on your customer or visitor with this best software for the small construction business. You can use this software on the desktop, Android and iPhone. This software supports every type of business like small, medium or enterprise.
As for the pricing, Smartsheet provides two types of plans-
1. Individual – This plan will cost you $14.00 per month for better performance and collaboration in real-time.
2. Business – It will cost you $25.00 per month per user for best teamwork and productivity.
Let’s have a look at some advanced features of this best software for small construction business –
• Smartsheet comes with a familiar spreadsheet-like organized interface to maintain all data of your business.
• It provides customization which is very flexible for completing the tasks according to your way.
• For organizing and maintaining all work, you can attach files or google docs to any task.
• Periodic reporting and activity management is available in this software for managing business perfectly.
• Smartsheet offers automatic reminders and automatic backup for securing your tasks.
• Calendar management is available to check your schedule on time.
• With the feature of campaign planning, you can organize or create a campaign with your team for the growth of your business.
• Gantt charts and forms are offered by smartsheet to make a presentation for improving the business’s performance.
• It allows third-party integration and email integration for the incredible work.
• You can also track your deadline in this software for avoiding loss of time.
• Apart from these features, it also has email alerts, project tracking, data import/export, email invitations, dashboard creation, template management and many more.
• 30 days of free trial without any required credit card is also available in this best software for small construction business.
• For any help or troubleshooting, you can contact customer support in business hours.
• Easy to understand
• 30 days of free trial
• Automatic reminders
• No time tracking available
• Little expensive
ClockShark is one of the best software for small construction business. This is the best solution for every construction business for completing tasks without any paper sheets. It comes with many advanced features and tools for making your business more strong. It provides automatic time tracking for timesheets with 100% accuracy.
As for the pricing, ClockShart provides three types of plans-
1. Basic – This plan will cost around $3.00/month/per user + $15.00/month base fee. In this plan, you will get an easy time and location tracking up to 5 people. If you choose to pay annually, it will cost you $30.00 per user + $150.00 base fee and 2 months free.
2. Standard – It will cost around $6.00/month/user +$25.00 per month base fee. In this plan, you will get time tracking with scheduling, geofencing and robust features for the growth of the business. For annual payment, you will get two months free with $60.00/user + $250.00 base fee.
3. Pro – This will cost you around $8.00/month/user + $45.00/month base fee. For annual payment, it will cost around $80.00/user + $450.00 base fee with two months free. You will get complete time tracking, scheduling and paid time off features for a different type of businesses.
Let’s see some remarkable features of this best software for small construction business-
• In ClockShark, you can easily track time and attendance on the website, android app or iOS app.
• It offers features for tracking jobs and tasks to manage job costing, payroll or billing.
• Basic GPS tracking is also available in ClockShark to see where work started and stopped.
• This software comes with timesheet attachments in which you can add photos, files or notes for sharing information.
• Overtime notification helps you to get a real-time alert when workers enter overtime.
• It also offers job budgeting with notifications for receiving alerts when anything crossing your budget.
• You can run flexible and easy reports for invoicing, payroll and calculating job costs.
• ClockShark comes with powerful integrations like QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, ADP Workforce Now, Xero, MYOB, Gusto, Zapier and many more.
• It also offers branded reports to include company logo on reports for a professional appearance.
• Apart from these features, this software comes with advanced job costing controls, time off, clock out questions, timesheet approvals and many more.
• This best software for small construction business provides 14 days of free trial without any credit card for experiencing its service.
• For any help or support, you can use their support section by visiting the official website.
• Mobile time tracking
• GPS available
• Free 14 days trial
• A little complex to use for beginners
The next recommendation in our best software for small construction business list is Buildertrend. It is very easy to use and flexible construction project management software. It helps you to increase your profits and connect the team for better campaign management. It is best for home builders, speciality contractors, home remodelers and commercial contractors.
You don’t have to use sticky notes or diary to maintain your entries. You can plan and organize everything at a single without spending a large amount of money. Buildertrend also provides free webinar and demo for understanding the concept of this software.
As for the pricing, They offer three types of plans-
1. Core – This plan will cost you around $99.00/month for first three months.
2. Pro – It will cost you around $299.00/month for first three months.
3. Premium – for knowing the pricing of this problem, you need to contact them by email or phone.
Let’s have a look at some features of this best software for small construction business-
• Buildertrend provides scheduling for managing all the task on time.
• It allows you to maintain entries by daily logs feature so you don’t miss any data or detail.
• You will get a To-do list in this software for maintaining your tasks.
• In this software, they provide a client portal where you can organize your client data and files.
• Buildertrend allows you to take surveys, do messaging and place bids without creating any issues.
• You can attach photos, video or any type of documents in this software.
• It offers powerful integration with QuickBooks to manage your work more smoothly.
• You can organize invoices, bills and purchase orders easily in this software.
• They also provide time clock for keeping track of all ongoing tasks.
• Budgeting, custom branding, proposals and lead management are also offered by builder trend.
• You can also schedule a demo for experiencing service of this best software for small construction business.
• For any help or support, you can contact them through live chat or phone.
• Powerful integration with QuickBooks
• Easy to understand
• No free trial available
• Limited functions are offered
CoConstruct is the best software for small construction business which provides many advanced features. This software is specifically designed for home builders and remodelers. It helps you to coordinate with projects, communicate to clients and control all financial activities in a single platform.
This software is very easy to operate and customized to your company. You can do every single task without facing so much issues.
As for pricing, CoConstruct offers four types of plans –
1. Self-service plan or The RAMP Plan – You can get it for $49.00 and this plan is basically for learning basic things for your business. So you can take it if you are a beginner.
2. Plus 5 – It will cost you around $299.00/month with 5 active projects and unlimited users.
3. Plus 10 – This plan will cost you $399.00/month with 10 active projects and unlimited users.
4. Plus 15 – You can purchase it for $499.00/month with 15 active projects and unlimited users.
If you need unlimited projects, you can contact their sales team for knowing the exact pricing.
Let’s have a look at some advanced features of this best software for small construction business-
• It provides you advanced estimating, customizable templates, contracts, proposals and leads for doing all the tasks before construction.
• For managing the project, you will get advanced scheduling and full-time clock management to prevent any loss.
• They also provide job log and task manager for checking all the ongoing tasks.
• You will get a branded mobile app with this software for avoiding any difficulty.
• It also helps you to track labour budget by hours and dollars.
• You can do the bidding, purchase orders, change orders in CoConstruct.
• It allows you to manage invoices, reports and client payments very easily.
• It comes with QuickBooks integration to provide easiness in your business.
• Client management helps you to organize all data of your client in a single place.
• You can also manage files and photos in CoConstruct without facing any data loss.
• This best software for small construction business also provide a demo for experiencing its service for free.
• For any help or support, you can directly contact them via live chat and phone.
• Easy to understand
• QuickBooks integration
• Advanced scheduling
• Free demo
• Little expensive
• No trial available
BidConnect is the very powerful and best software for small construction business. It helps you to manage pre-construction and bidding very well in a single place. You can boost your productivity and growth with this software. Handling papers or hard copies of documents is a very difficult thing to do so for avoiding this type of chaos, you can use this software to handle any data or files in a single click.
The software has 30 years of experience in this industry so it is very trustworthy and easy to understand. Any beginner or professional can use it without facing major challenges. It comes with advanced network features and powerful search to make your business more successful.
For pricing, BidConnect provides three types of plans, which are-
1. Basic – It will cost you $1.2 per month and you can create a basic profile, receive bid leads and access or download bid documents with this.
2. Standard – This will cost you $2.4 per month with some advanced features like dashboards, create contacts, bid management and many more.
3. Premium – It will cost you $6.2 per month with powerful network features. You will receive all features in this plan.
Let’s have a look at some remarkable features of this best software for small construction business-
• BidConnect allows you to create a profile where you can receive bid leads, access or download documents and share your profile.
• It offers an organized dashboard for managing all the tasks in a single place.
• You can also create contacts in this software without any chaos.
• It allows you to send or receive quote requests with a single click.
• This software provides In-App communication for avoiding any issues.
• It allows you to search leads from members and smartbilder.
• You will get sufficient cloud storage up to free 100GB in this best software for small construction business.
• You can manage all the projects in an organized interface easily.
• They also provide 3 weeks of free trial without any payment information.
• You can contact them via live chat or phone for any kind of help or troubleshooting.
• Very affordable
• Easy to understand
• 3 weeks of a free trial
• No integration available
The stack is one of the most popular and best software for small construction business. It helps you to do powerful bidding and managing construction work in a single platform. You can get complete estimating and create bidready proposals in this software. It also helps you to collaborate with your team members.
This software is specifically designed for subcontractors, general contractors and suppliers & manufactures. The stack is the powerful platform which comes with many capabilities to perform every single task. You can also learn about its process of doing work by visiting their official website.
As for pricing, Stack offers four types of plans-
1. Try – This plan is basically for testing with 7 days/project, 10 takeoffs/project and 2 concurrent projects. You don’t have to pay any single amount for this.
2. Start – This plan is best for single estimators with the cost of $1,999 per year. You will get one full access 1 user, 2 view only users and unlimited projects.
3. Grow – It will cost you $4,999 per year with 3 full access users, 6 view only users and unlimited projects.
4. Build – It is a customized plan with 4+ full access users, 7+ view only users and unlimited projects. For knowing the price of this plan, you can contact their sales team.
Let’s have a look at some important features of this best software for small construction business-
• The stack provides unlimited project creation with automated plan naming and numbering.
• You will get Bid calendar and features of project management in this software.
• You can also track the status of your ongoing project.
• It comes with unlimited measurements and advanced tools like area, linear, count, pitched, volume and surface.
• This software provides great team collaboration and connectivity to share ideas and discussion for the growth of the business.
• It comes with detailed estimates for preconstruction to avoid any mistakes.
• This best software for small construction business comes with powerful integrations like Procore, SmartBid, Smart Insight, Dodge, Buildertrend, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and many more.
• It also offers great cloud storage to manage all data securely without any loss.
• They allow you to create a free account and experience its basic service without any charge.
• For any help or support, you can contact them via chat or phone.
• Easy to understand
• Powerful integrations
• Cloud storage
Best Software for small construction business FAQs(Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. Why do I need the best software for small construction business?
Answer- For managing every single task on paper, it is very difficult to do. In today’s world, where there is so much competition going on, it is necessary to use technology. With construction software, you can manage your projects, bids and have estimates for preconstruction in a single place. It will help you to organize and grow your business.
Q2. Are these software are worth to buy?
Answer – There is much free software also available to use. However, you will get many advanced features with the paid version. So if your requirements are high, you can purchase paid software and they will worth to buy.
Q3. I don’t know anything about this software. Can I use it properly?
Answer – We has recommended much software that also provides tutorials and webinars. So if you are just a beginner, don’t worry there will be no issue. You can learn the basics and their process easily without paying any amount. You can also go for a free trial to learn the process of particular software.
Q4. How can I choose the best software for small construction business?
Answer – We has prepared the list of the best software for small construction business after detailed research. You can go through it and choose software according to your needs and budget. You can also try their free version for testing all the features.