What exactly is Video Conferencing?
Video conferencing is a way to meet peoples online and connect for the meeting or video calls. It gives us a platform where we can organize our tasks, meetings, record meetings, seminars etc.
It is a very easy way to be connected with everyone from all over the world. There is many best software for video conferencing available on the internet which makes video conferencing easy and comfortable.
However technology in today’s time becoming more and more advance so video conferencing is a part of it.
During Pandemic, it has become more important because people are not allowed to work from the office or many people are living alone apart from their family.
For that, Video conferencing is very helpful and it is like a boon to everyone out there.
Many people have lost their job due to pandemic but with technology, anything is possible now so they have got their job back and working with these types of software.
They are using video conferencing software for general communication as well as important meetings.
FEATURES OF VIDEO CONFERENCING
- Video conferencing helps in easy communication, flexible meetings and it is very inexpensive.
- During the pandemic, it was difficult to go outside and everything is closed till now like schools, colleges, offices.
- Video conferencing software helped everyone during this crisis like digital classes for students, work from home.
- It has a flexible schedule for everyone so no one needs to go anywhere or travel.
Zoom meetings have been designed for easy video conferencing with low cost. It offers video and chat meetings for desktop and mobile devices. It is very easy to use and reliable software. Anyone can learn how to use zoom meeting because it doesn’t require high technical knowledge.
During this pandemic, many persons are using this best software for video conferencing like students, employees, organizations etc. The session can be started from zoom website or app. Meetings also can be recorded and saved to the cloud. While meeting, any participant can share their screen for better presentation and communication.
Let us find some reliable features of this best software for video conferencing-
- It provides audio and video meetings both and you can host meeting without any limitations.
- Zoom allows inviting up to 1000 participants and 49 vides on a single screen at a time. Anyone can also have one to one session on zoom without any issues.
- Zoom’s chat feature allows everyone to share important attachments, images so that during meeting or classes there will be no problem.
- In this best software for video conferencing, there is built-in security using 256-bit TLS encryption for meetings and shared documents. Anyone can also schedule and share meetings from Gmail, outlook etc.
- With the free feature, there can be up to 100 people in one meeting and time will be 40 minutes. After 40 minutes you can again join in the same meeting.
- With paid versions, you can get unlimited meeting time and cloud recording features.
- Ease of Use
- Easy to understand
- Lack of security feature
2. MICROSOFT TEAMS
Microsoft gives a platform to schedule audio or video meetings with a single person or whole team. That’s why we are recommending this best software for video conferencing. It allows for organizing large meetings and webinars. The best feature of Microsoft teams is that up to 10000 participants can join a single webinar.
It is easy to understand and anyone can schedule meetings in an organized way. The invitation can be shared among the organization and also anyone outside the organization can join this meeting from their browser or application.
Let’s talk about some important features of this best software for video conferencing-
- Microsoft team has so many features which makes video conferencing easy and comfortable.
- Main features of this best software for video conferencing are screen sharing, recording meetings, live captions, chat and built-in security.
- This software will be little complicated for fresh users but who are already aware of Microsoft 365 they can easily use this.
- For help and troubleshooting, anyone can easily access their support feature.
- You can also sign up for their free version with your personal email ID. It allows adding up to 300 members, one to one group video calls and chats, screen sharing, documenting sharing etc.
- Microsoft Team users can also schedule their meetings or webinars through Outlook and record their meetings.
- For the paid version, users will also get access to training sessions and webinars.
- Users can also blur their background for better and clear presentation.
- Schedule invites
- Up to 10,000 participants
- Full Microsoft 365 integration
- Difficult to understand for fresh users
3. GOOGLE MEET
Google meet or Google hangouts meet is a part of Google platform where they are providing high and developed video conferencing. This best software for video conferencing specifically developed for business or office purpose where a large number of persons can present. It allows you to present your ideas and creativity from the comfort of your home.
For Google meet there is no need of downloading any software. Anyone can simple attend or host any meeting through a web browser or app. Being on Google workspace platform we can also use other applications with Google meet like Google calendar or scheduler can help us to schedule our meetings or remember upcoming events.
On Google meet, external users can also connect. There are no limitations regarding that.
Let’s look out some array features of this best software for video conferencing –
- On Google Meet, for live stream up to 100,000 members can be there.
- Participants number depends on which version are you using like participants for G Suit Basic can be 100, Business 150 and for organization or enterprise will be 250.
- One of the best features of Google meet is to record a meeting and save it to Google drive.
- Screen sharing feature and built-in security are available in this best software for video conferencing.
- Google meet has its dedicated dial-in number so that if you ever drop out of the meeting, you can join again without any hassles.
- Easy to understand
- Easy to use and simple
- Google workspace platform
- Only compatible with Google chrome
Skype is one of the best software for video conferencing which helps us to attend meetings, classes or personal video or audio calls.
During this pandemic, many organizations are using this platform for hiring new candidates or organizing meetings or webinars. It is easy to use and very simple platform for all users. Skype is compatible with Microsoft office like MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook etc.
Organization or enterprises can also choose the paid version of Skype for their work without any interruption and limitation. Every person already knows about Skype and its process. Its free version is very much beneficial for everyone.
Let us see some remarkable features of this best software for video conferencing.
- HD Video and audio calls without any buffering or interruption.
- In this best software for video conferencing, users will get unlimited meetings without any minimum time limit.
- Screen Sharing is also available on Skype.
- One to one messaging feature is available.
- Built-in security and advance technology used.
- In Video conferencing, up to 250 users can be present.
- Users can also change the background in Skype for better presentation.
- Easy to understand
- Simple and easy for proper communication
- High security
- Needs more high speed internet connection
5. CISCO WEBEX MEETING
Cisco WebEx is very easy and secured for online classes, training, webinars, meetings and remote technical support. For any business or organization, this best software for video conferencing is very secured and simple.
Cisco WebEx can be used on any platform like windows, Mac OS, iPods, mobile devices. During this pandemic, when everyone is working remotely this software became very useful for them because it has many features.
Meetings or webinars can be scheduled through outlook without any hassles. For Free version, the participants can be only two but for the paid version it allows you to add up to 50 to 1,000 participants.
Some important features of this best software for video conferencing are-
- HD Video conferencing with clear visibility
- High-end security which will secure your important data.
- One of the best features of Cisco WebEx is to sharing screen and record meeting. Cloud storage is also available in this software varied by plans.
- You can host or join unlimited meetings. There are no limitations in a meeting.
- The paid version has 24/7 support and Free version have working hours support for any help or troubleshooting.
- This best software for video conferencing has TLS (Transport Layer Security), single sign-on, firewall access, third party authorization, and encryption security.
- Flexible schedule
- High security features
- Support feature
- Screen sharing
- Number of participants is limited to 2 in free versions.
- Little difficult to understand for new users
6. GOTO MEETING
GoTo Meeting provides audio and video conferencing with screen share feature. This service is provided by LogMeIn. This best software for video conferencing is very easy to understand and simple. There is no need for browser because it is mobile friendly.
Anyone can start or join the meeting through their mobile and it will only take a few minutes to set up. You can also enhance the quality of your calls in GoTo meeting.
GoTo Meeting App is available on both platforms like Google play store and Apple store means anyone from android or iOS can use its application. Both platforms have its different application which has a very good impact on users.
Comparing to other software which is available in the market, this software is user friendly and effortless.
Three types of plans are available on GoTo meeting which is Professional – USD 12/month with this plan, anyone can add up to 150 participants in their meeting or webinar.
Business – USD 16/month with this plan, anyone can add up to 250 participants in their meetings. It also provides you with few admin features like mouse sharing and drawing tools.
Enterprise – With this plan, you can add up to 3000 participants.
Let’s talk about some important features of this best software for video conferencing.
- Scheduling meetings and one-click meetings are available on this software.
- HD Video conferencing allows us to have a smooth meeting without any chaos.
- On GoTo meeting, there is also a personal meeting room in which you can have one to one video calls or chat.
- You can join a meeting from your mobile, Mac, PC, Linux and Chrome book with built-in security.
- With paid versions, you can also access hand over control in which you can pass mouse control to anyone anytime.
- For a better presentation, there is also an option to use whiteboard where you can explain things very nicely.
- Screen sharing option is also available which will make your presentation more understandable.
- In this best software for video conferencing, drawing tools are also available in paid versions.
- HD Videoconferencing
- Easy to operate
- Screen sharing available
- Mobile friendly
- Built-in security
- You can access more features in paid versions. Not many features are available in free version
7. RING CENTRAL VIDEO
Ring central provides High-quality video conferencing with the better audio quality from the comfort of your home. This best Software for video conferencing includes business-related features which provide a better platform to host unlimited training, meetings, and webinars.
Ring central is a collaboration of Google workspace, Microsoft 365 and slack. With these features, users can also schedule their meetings or call from this software.
The performance and video quality of this software are remarkable and recommendable to everyone. Ring central is easy to operate and simple for those who have already knowledge about Google meet, slack etc.
Here are some reliable and remarkable features of this best software for video conferencing-
- HD Video conferencing with video call scheduling and better quality is provided by Ring Central.
- You can also get access to calendar feature to schedule your meetings.
- Screen sharing and in-built chat functions are available on Ring central.
- Specially designed for web browsers so users don’t need to go through installing apps or software.
- In this best software for video conferencing, features are available according to their plans like with Basic or essential plan users can only add up to 20 participants and no video call facility is available. In Rest of plans, users can add unlimited participants and video conferencing will be available.
- Unlimited storage and Single Sign-on feature are also available except for essential plan.
- 24/7 support system is available for any help or troubleshooting.
- Built-in security features which make this software more secured and reliable are also provided by Ring central.
- Easy to Understand
- 3rd party integration is available
- 24/7 support
- Strong analysis
- Little expensive
- Not much option available in free version
HOW TO CHOOSE BEST SOFTWARE FOR VIDEO CONFERENCING?
- If you are going for paid versions, try to make the annual payment because it will be less expensive with this way.
- Request a demo or try the free trial version before purchasing any best software for video conferencing.
- Try to read and understand all features of particular software for a better idea. Always check how many users can be added according to plans.
- Always use the better quality camera and good types of equipment for video conferencing because this quality has its own significance in meetings or presentation.