For creating any type of thing, a design is required.
You can’t build a house or any clothes without a clear design.
The same thing goes for your website.
Wireframe creates an outline of the basic structure for your website or app or simply we can say that wireframe is the blueprint for your website or app.
If we talk about the simplicity or complexity of wireframes, it can be both according to your needs. There are many best software for wireframes available out there. They came with advanced feature to give a great user experience and achieve goals related to their website.
It helps you to do something extraordinary and focusing on your website’s needs. Finding perfect wireframe software with your requirements is a little difficult task so we are here to help you.We have reviewed some best software for wireframes and prepared a list.
Here’s our Top 7 best software for wireframes recommendations-
Top 7 Best Software for Wireframes
1. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is the most popular and best software for wireframes. With this software, you can design what you have always imagined. You can do wireframe, prototype, collaborate, animate in just one UI/UX design tool. It is available for Windows and Mac OS. You can also share your designs with others.
This software is a strong competitor for a sketch because of advanced features. It is very user friendly and easy to use software with a variety of tools. You can give your imaginations a chance to create something extra and new.
Adobe XD also provides many articles and learning for beginners to help them for knowing the working process.
As for pricing, this software comes with three types of plans-
• Starter – This plan is free for all users and suitable for personal use with 2GB of cloud storage. You will get limited features with this plan.
• Single App – It will cost you 797.68 INR/month or around $10.85 for professional and small teams with 100 GB of cloud storage.
• All Apps – The price of this plan is 4230.30 INR/month or $57.32 for 20+ creative cloud apps with 100 GB of cloud storage.
Let’s talk about some remarkable features of this best software for wireframes.
• Adobe XD comes with different types of layouts and design features which give you the freedom to make your imaginations true.
• This software provides 3D transforms for in-depth design and enhanced work.
• It also comes with prototyping and animation features to give an attractive and live look for your design.
• You can also make changes in photoshop and update your designs immediately.
• In this software, you can create stylish effects after combining layers and images.
• It also provides voice prototyping for easy and smooth work.
• Adobe XD keeps a track of the basic HTML and CSS of your designs so you don’t have to create codes again and again.
• It provides different types of tools for creating wireframes, prototype and mockups.
• This software comes with co-editing, link sharing features to show some teamwork.
• You can jump into previous design versions with document history.
• You can control access while inviting someone through link sharing.
• This software also comes with password protection to save your shared links and design.
• Adobe XD provides integration with Microsoft Teams, Slack, dropbox e.t.c.
• For any help or support, their support section is available.
• Easy to use
• Free plan available
• No customized designed shapes are available
• Repeating object doesn’t work properly.
The sketch is one of the best software for wireframes. This software helps you to bring your ideas in reality with its design platform. You can create everything beautifully and work fast. Sketch gives you a platform for customizing your workflows.
This lightweight vector design tool is specially designed for Mac OS. It comes with an organized interface which helps you to create wireframes easily with a combination of artboards and vector design shapes.
As per the pricing, Sketch comes with two types of plans –
1. For Individuals – This plan is for individuals at one-time payment $99. You can have all the features and full platform with a single subscription for your designs.
2. For teams – This plan is a subscription for the full team. The price $9 per contributor monthly and for yearly payment, it will be $99. You can work on your designs with the full team in this subscription.
Let’s have a look at some advanced features of this best software for wireframes-
• The sketch is the ultimate designing toolkit for every designer with powerful features.
• In this software, you can do vector editing, Boolean operations, pixel-level precision while creating your wireframes.
• You can easily export your designs without any hassles.
• This software comes with the design-focused features like grids and layout, resizing constraints, math operators and variable open type fonts.
• You can scale your projects on this best platform with smart layouts, reusable components, colour variables and shared libraries.
• Sketch also provides prototypes, test and collaborate your ideas with few clicks.
• In this software, you will get cloud sharing so you can easily share your ideas.
• The sketch is fully designed for Mac and give native experience.
• This software provides extensions, plugins and integrations like Cluse, pixels, overflow, plant and Crowdin for giving much more.
• This best software for wireframes provides 30 days of free trial so you can experience their services for free.
• For any help or support, they provide a help section so you can access it anytime.
• Create smaller files
• One-time payment only at $99
• Free trial for 30 days
• Autosaves your work
• Doesn’t work on PC
• Some issues in cloud sharing
3. InVision Studio
InVision Studio is one of the most popular and best software for wireframes. You can design, prototype and animate at one place without any hassles. This software is available for Mac and Windows. You can easily turn your ideas into a powerful design.
This software provides great teamwork without any pressure of work. You can share ideas. It is gaining popularity in the designing community with its remarkable features. Before in Invision prototyping, users were using a third-party tool for creating wireframes, but now you can do everything in this single software.
As for pricing, Invision studio comes with three types of plans, which are –
• Free – This plan is free for individuals and small teams with limited features and 3 active users.
• Pro – It will cost you $7.95/user per month if you billed annually and for monthly it is $9.95 with up to 15 users.
• Enterprise – For this plan, you can contact them to know the exact price. It is priced for all size of teams with unlimited users.
Let’s know the features of this best software for wireframes.
• InVision studio gives you a vector drawing tool which helps you to get lightning-fast screen design. It gives you powerful vector editing, pixel-perfect layout and flexible layer styling and freedom to export your sketches.
• This software comes with relative positioning with containers, advanced pinning and percentage-based geometry so you can get your vision to fit any screen automatically.
• You can preview your work directly in the studio and do rapid prototyping.
• As for the animation, it comes with timeline editing, auto layer linking and smart swipe transitions.
• InVision Studio provides the best teamwork with global syncing, real-time updates and seamless component swapping.
• It provides freehand for live design collaboration to show your ideas globally.
• During creating wireframes, you can add basic shapes from the toolbar or you can use the pen tool for creating custom vector shapes.
• You can also see ready-made UI components through InVision’s free design library.
• It is the best software for wireframes for creating responsive designs for different types of screens.
• For any help or support, you can access their help section anytime.
• User friendly
• Free plan available
• Collaboration with teams
• Takes so much time while loading
• A little complex to use for beginners
Canva is the very affordable and best software for wireframes. In this software, you can create beautiful designs without spending huge amount of money. It is the best wireframe tool for creating amazing wireframes and visual hand-offs.
This software is very helpful for non-designers to create great wireframes for achieving their goals hence it is useful for both beginners and advanced. Anyone can use canva for giving a more realistic element to their designs. It gives ready-made templates and high-quality graphics to its users.
As for the pricing, Canva comes with three types of subscription plans, which are as follows-
• Free – This subscription is free for individuals and gives everything you need to start designing. It comes with 250,000+ free templates, 5 GB of cloud storage and many more.
• Pro – It will cost you $12.95/month(bill monthly) and $119.40(Bill yearly) for up to 5 users. It will provide many premium tools and content with unlimited access. This plan has 420,000+ free templates with new designs and 100 GB of cloud storage.
• Enterprise – This plan is available for teams and it will cost $30.00/month per person to give you an opportunity of managing your designs with the team. You can contact their sales team by knowing more information about this plan.
Let’s take a look at some important features of this best software for wireframes-
• Canva comes with customized templates for giving you great designs to your project.
• It provides different types of layouts for every occasion.
• For creating market-friendly wireframes, canva comes with drag and drop editor, stock images, illustrations, branded templates and easy photo editing.
• This software gives you a platform to collaborate with your partners.
• It also includes graphs, mind maps, charts, icons and shape elements to create wireframes.
• You can share photo folders and designs with others to show your creativity.
• In this software, you can organize your images into folders for avoiding any confusion.
• Canva comes with customizable branding to make your work smoother and faster.
• It provides social media integration and social media marketing.
• This software comes with a free plan for individuals with limited features. For additional features, you can purchase its Pro plan.
• For any help or support, you can access their FAQs or help section.
• Easy to use
• Very Affordable
• Best for non-designers
• Easy collaboration with team members
• Limited features are available in free version
• Site navigation is a little hard for beginners
Balsamiq is the best software for wireframes since 2008. With its wireframes features, you can create beautiful and attractive websites. This software can be accessed by business analysts, business owners, developers, agencies or anyone who wants to design. It is best for beginners as well as professional due to its organized interface.
In this software, you will also get online courses and training to learn wireframing and UI design. It is very useful for beginners who want to learn how wireframes works?
This software is available for web, macOS and windows so you can design from anywhere. It helps every designer to visualize their ideas with low-fidelity with wireframes.
For pricing, this software is available for different types of prices according to your Operating system. We are giving the basic idea for pricing and for more information you can visit their website.
This software will cost you $89 for the desktop App and if you are taking cloud subscriptions that will start at $9.00/month for two projects.
Let’s find some important features of this best software for wireframes.
• Balsamiq consists of hundreds of built-in UI controls and icons to create easy wireframes.
• It provides drag and drop facility for assembling elements.
• This software also provides optimization of speed and re-usable symbols.
• It comes with interactive prototypes in which you can generate simple prototypes by linking.
• You can share your wireframes on the web easily through images or PDFs.
• Balsamiq also comes with great collaboration feature so you can easily collaborate with your teams.
• This software has built-in presentation tool which will help you to present designs in front of clients with an easy process.
• You will get sketch style controls while creating wireframes and check your performance.
• Balsamiq provides integration with Google Drive, Atlassian Confluence and Jira.
• You can also have 30 days of free trial for experiencing the services of this best software for wireframes.
• You can download their desktop app for seamless work without any interruption.
• For any help or support, Balsamiq provides great support and help section.
• Drag and drop
• Easy to collaborate
• Common UI patterns
• Free 30 days trial available
• Hard to scroll while doing drag and drop
UXPin provides a great platform on which you can design and manage your whole UX project in a single tool. That’s why we have included this best software for wireframes in our recommendations. This software can be accessed on Windows, MacOs and browser easily. It includes logic, interactive states and code components, unlike other available software.
You can create anything from its wireframes for giving real view to your ideas. It provides everything that you need to design your website with creative ideas.
In this software, many updated libraries are available for foundation, iOS, bootstrap and Android so you can convert your wireframes easily to high-fidelity mockups.
As for pricing, This software comes with four types of plans, which are-
• Basic – In this plan, you will get prototype by using animations, interactions and states for $19/editor/month(bill annually) or $24/editor/month(bill monthly). You will get unlimited prototypes and reviews with many features.
• Advanced – You can build prototypes with variables, logic and expressions for $29/editor/month(bill annually) or $39/editor/month(bill monthly). This plan comes with advanced features for best design.
• Professional – This plan will cost you $69/editor/month(bill annually) or $83/editor/month(bill monthly) to set your design and ship projects faster.
• Enterprise – This is the last plan given by UXPin in which you can scale your design process in a secure environment. For the price, you can email them or chat with their sales team.
Let’s find some remarkable features of this best software for wireframes.
• In UXPin, you can manage your UX process easily while building wireframes and move to interactive prototypes without switching between various tools.
• This software provides you with a chance of verifying your ideas so you can create the best wireframes.
• You can create components, UX patterns and organize them in libraries to get easy access with your team.
• This software provides a great platform for easy collaboration with your team.
• You can easily share your designs with few clicks and you can also select what you want to allow like comments, documents or specs. You can choose your format to export it.
• UXPin includes prototypes and mockups for creating attractive designs.
• You will get many types of templates, animations, UX prototyping and usability testing.
• For creating wireframes, this software comes with drag and drop editor.
• It also provides presentation tools so you can present your design to clients.
• UXPin gives you a platform for page linking and feedback management.
• For beginners, this software provides training in various mediums like a living, in-person and webinars.
• You can use their 30 days free trial for experiencing services.
• For any help or support, you can get online support during business hours.
• Easy to share and collaborate
• Built-in prototypes
• Perfect for organizing images
• 30 days of the free trial
• Little difficult to use
• Some issues identified in the export option
Figma is one of the most popular and best software for wireframes. You can design and prototype anything with its amazing design features. It helps you to visualize your ideas in reality. This software gives you a great platform for creating, testing and shipping better designs from beginning to ending.
Figma is a very fast and easy to use software for every designer. This best software for wireframes is available for Web, macOS, Windows and Linux. This software is specifically known for real-time collaboration. The feature of this software was designed for efficient work whether you are working in a team or individually.
As for the pricing, Figma comes with three types of plans, which are –
• Starter – This plan is free for up to 2 editors and 3 projects. It comes with 30 days of version history, unlimited cloud storage and unlimited free viewers.
• Professional – It will cost you $12/editor/month if billed annually and for a monthly subscription it will be $15. This plan comes with unlimited projects and version history.
• Organization – This will cost you $45/month/editor and available for annual billing only. It comes with many advanced features with a professional plan.
Here are some important features of this best software for wireframes.
• Figma provides many great designs for the web with amazing tools like modern pen, instant arc designs and advanced fonts.
• It gives the auto layout for responsive designs so there will be less manually resizing and easy stretch to fill.
• You can easily automate and process your work with plugins. This software provides plugins for everything like stock imagery, flow diagrams, colour accessibility, chart and icons so you don’t have to repeat tasks.
• It comes with flexible styles for creating design and accessible libraries for searching assets you need.
• Figma gives easy collaboration from which you can work together, present projects and gather feedback.
• It comes with the ability to built prototypes and test them.
• This software provides version history for saving their working projects. You will get unlimited version history in paid versions.
• With this software, you don’t need another tool for managing handoffs. It provides smooth handoff for easy work.
• You will get advanced workflows in this best software for wireframes.
• In this software, you can easily export your data according to your requirements.
• This software provides cloud storage for securing your projects without any type of loss.
• You can try Figma for free with limited features.
• For any help or support, you can access their help section or contact them.
• Easy to share files
• Free plan available
• Real-time collaboration
• Best for developing prototypes
• Cannot be used without any active internet connection
• The searching option is not available
Best Software for Wireframes FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. What are wireframes?
Answer – Wireframe is same as the blueprint for any building. It is a two-dimensional skeletal outline for a webpage or website. It provides a clear view of your page layout, structure and functionality.
Q2. How can I find the free best software for wireframes?
Answer – Based on our research, there are many best software for wireframes are available for free. We have also prepared a list of these software so you can check them to get a clear idea. Many paid software is also providing a free trial for 30 days so you can have a look at them also for experiencing their services.
Q3. How can I choose the best software for wireframes because there is so many software available out there?
Answer – We are understanding your confusion completely that’s why we have prepared a list after analyzing all the available software. For choosing any best software, you need to know your requirements and budget. Check features of that particular software and pricing plans. Check our recommendation with features for purchasing suitable software for you.
Q4. How do I learn about wireframes if I don’t have any prior knowledge?
Answer – You can learn about wireframes online with many courses which are available for free and paid both. Many software is also providing tutorials and training for free so you can also get knowledge from them without wasting extra time.