What’s the best & quickest way to request Airtel broadband relocation?
Are you moving to a new home or even a new city or even a new state? You should not (never) consider about terminating your current internet connection. Instead, opt for Airtel broadband relocation.
I did that once and I still regret it. I was Airtel broadband customer for 2 years and with that, I got some free benefits like double data & Rs.200/- OFF on my monthly plan.
I was on Rs.1199/- plan, which was being billed at Rs.999/-. Also, I used to get 80 GB data limit instead of 40 GB. All of this felt good being Airtel’s customer.
But as you know, life can have other plans. I had to shift to Bhopal (from Gwalior) for my studies & unknowingly, I terminated my connection.
I was told that I could just transfer it from old location to a new location. But god knows why I just said, “I’ll think about it”! But I didn’t!!
Anyways, I had the time to correct my mistake by reinstating my Airtel broadband connection. It saved me some precious bucks (installation charge).
However, I still had to pay security deposit (again), but it was a lot less than what they charge for installation. That’s why I am asking you to go with Airtel broadband relocation rather than terminating your internet connection.
Anyway, here’s how Airtel broadband relocation works, with little to absolutely no hassle:
- Call the toll free number for Airtel customer care – 121
- Or any of the following numbers:
- 0124 -4448080 (north) (toll free), 020 – 44448080 (west) (toll free), 033 – 44448080 (east) (toll free), 080 – 44448080 (south) (tolled) or 020 40181400 (tolled) & toll-free from Airtel mobile 12150.
- Proceed according to the instructions provided to you via computerized voice.
- You have to select the option to talk to an Airtel representative. Press 9 when you have done, language selection>account number>dsl number> and then 9. (you can figure this one out easily).
- Now tell him/her that you want to shift your connection to a new location.
- You will be charged a fees for shifting your internet connection and it will be added to your next bill according to the table given below.
- Make sure to visit the link at the end of this article under Resources. The link will take you to Airtel Relocation webpage with updated information.
Things that you’ll need to remember with Airtel broadband relocation:
- You’ll have to clear your outstanding bill, if any, before you can request the shifting.
- If you have requested the shifting, then you will need to pay the outstanding bill, on that very day. The shifting will not be processed unless you clear your bills.
- You can shift without a delay to your new home. You will have to take your modem with you.
- You will have to present your rent agreement of the new home (in case you are going to live on rental basis) or you have to present your registry under your name (photocopy in both cases).
- Airtel broadband relocation usually completes within 3 days, however, don’t bet on it. The best possible time period that you can count on is 1 week. It usually, under any circumstances, takes place within a week.
- However, you have to firm with your request. Don’t just wait for things to happen. If the representative does not contact you within 3 days, then you have to contact Airtel customer care again (with your reference number, please write it down, it’s important) and tell them to complete the process as soon as possible.
Which Documents are required with the relocation?
You need the same documents that you applied the connection with, like:
- 1 Passport size photo.
- Address proof like electricity bill, gas bill, etc.
- Identity proof like PAN Card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, etc.
How much time it takes for Airtel broadband relocation?
Airtel customer care will tell you that it takes about 1 week for the relocation to be completed. But, mine did in only 3 days.
This time period varies according to city & state. Please mind that my friend’s relocation request was completely in 2 weeks which is a lot longer than the specified time.
There are few factors responsible for it:
- Line may not be present at the moment.
- All connections in the nearby DP could be occupied.
- The line-man could be sick, busy or lazy.
- You didn’t respond to Airtel’s phone calls in due time.
- You became lazy and didn’t bug them every 3 days regarding your relocation.