Did you ever wonder – how to make a free trial last forever?
I am sure that you want to buy the software that you really like but you may not have enough funds for it and that is why you have to rely on the trial version.
You might also want to test a software completely before actually purchasing it. But something the trial period ends abruptly and you might want to use the software for longer period.
Here are the 3 methods to bypass trial softwares that you’ll be reading in this article:
Making a New User
Using Run as Date
Using Time Stopper
Some companies offer trial softwares with full functionality for 1-month in general. This is the standard time that nearly all trial softwares come with.
These software enter their time stamp in the registry editor which is hard to edit for casual computer operators.
Also, incorrectly editing the entries in registry editor may lead to other programs crashing.
So, you may have to format your system in order to refresh the registry files so that the software cannot recognize the time and you will be able to use the software once again up to 30 days.The problem with this method is that, formatting erases all of your other softwares, games and files that you have on the root drive (in case you are formatting root drive).
So, you will have to go through the tedious process of installing all the software once again and copying and pasting your files from another location to root drive for direct availability.
Not to mention it breaks your flow of work. In addition to all of this, sometimes things get over-complicated and if you accidentally select wrong drive while formatting your computer then your data might be completely deleted without the possibility of 100% recovery.
However, in this article I will show you a work-around that you can apply to use trial software forever without expiration.
This is not a hack or any malicious technique; it is purely a simple method that takes just 5 minutes of yours (from applying to actually using the software again).
For this test, I am going to be using Internet Download Manager as my trial software and will show you how I use it forever without expiration.
Because there are still several people who love Internet Download Manager for its functionality and easy to use interface, but cannot buy it.
Procedure to use trial software forever without expiration:
- Click on Start (or Windows Key) and select your user picture on the top right corner that will instantly take you to Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts.
- I have given you the complete address so that you can head over there from Control Panel too.
- Select Manage Another Account and you will see a window with all the users currently registered for your Windows.
- If you are the single user for your Windows OS then you will see “yourself” and “Guest User” (which is turned off by default).
- Select Create a new account and fill out details.
- Choose a username and select the type as Administrator rather than Standard user.
- By creating a new user, you have created a whole new batch of registries to be filled by new softwares.
- Uninstall the software from your old username where it has now expired and install it again in the new user.
- Installing it under new user will create new registry keys (that you don’t have to worry about) for another 30 days.
- You will be able to use the software for another 30 days without interruption.
2. Using Run as Date program
Alternatively, you can download Run as Date program and run the program on a back-date. This allows the program to run as if the date was still within the trial period.
The interface is quite simple & you’ll have no trouble exploring the options.
3. Using Time Stopper Software
Similarly, you can use Time Stopper program to effectively stop the internal clock of the trial software.
This program doesn’t work when the program is already expired. So make sure to run Time Stopper within the trial period of the software.
- The whole procedure takes exactly 5 minutes or less.
- To get the same feeling that you had on your earlier user name. All you have to do is copy and paste files from C:Users (old user) to C:Users (new user) and everything will become just as before.
- It is better than formatting your system because you will be able to use all other softwares and games that you have installed under previous user (even when you delete previous user).
- This procedure works on trial softwares that use email to verify the software. To make it work under new user, you have to sign-up again on the software’s site with an alias that can easily be created in few clicks.
- Not really a Con, but it is not a complete solution for Paid version of software.
These processes don’t require you to deal with any scripts or registry keys. Everything is simple and quick and I guess, that is what you will like about these procedures.
For any queries, problems and feedback, please comment right below. Subscribe to ITechn.com feed if you want to dive deeper in my future tech articles.